Teleconference information for software status meeting tonight.

Jim Gettys jg at laptop.org
Tue Oct 10 17:03:09 EDT 2006

OLPC software teleconference.   Note the action item list below. If you
can't make the meeting, please at least update the status on action
items. Let's update our bugs even if the status is "no progress this
week"

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=10&day=10&year=2006&hour=21&min=0&sec=0&p1=43

You can easily use the query page in trac to see what open issues you
have.

News:
    BTest boards in everyone's hands; awaiting programming cables and
updated Altera bits for further testing.
    Test keyboard and touchpads arrived in Cambridge today.
    LCD-B in Cambridge

Please send me agenda items for discussion.

      Topics:
            Do we need a "verified" state in the Trac system?
            Do we have another build for widespread deployment?
                If so, which one? If not, what's missing? X.Org 7.2 in?
            Are all our performance tools now in the build?
	    LinuxBIOS interrupt routing for CAFE
            Priorities between now and BTest
            Driver status and integration status.
            Action items / New Bug Triage

Old action items:

AI: Chris Blizzard - ping Soren about memprof
   - talk to adam and get 7.2 X server build in tree
   - get sysprof, memprof, oprofile in
   - prod Adam (RedHat person) to communicate with Jordan to
     make X play with DCON.
   - memprof submitted for inclusion but not in yet.
   - tmp fs in ram:  Chris says FC6 has a flag you can set to
     make initscripts put temporary stuff in RAM.

AI: Mitch, check with Ivan and Mark about ability to hard reset
        reliably after reflashing, add trac entry for Mark.
        - Talk with Ivan about a Zen image for a frozen release builder.
        - Board failure USB/Marvell - Sent to Quanta?
          Any other boards that have failed?

AI: marcelo - #65 Temporary filesystems should be in RAM

AI: Richard - 113: LinuxBIOS flashing procedure needs additional step
     fixed, need to be closed.

Zephaniah
   - send Chris information necessary to create an X
     configuration that makes the touchpad "just work".
   - Input: we have a functional kernel driver that needs
     minor tweaks before sending upstream.

Jordan
   - make trac entries for any PRS issues that require
     LinuxBIOS  changes.
   - open a trac bug about the text rendering speed problem.
   - oprofile needs NMI-capable interrupts.  Useful even without.
        If NMI available, should be put into trac as an opportunity
   - DCON: backlight driver is now in kernel.  Just needs testing
     and perhaps minor tweaks.  Preserve picture when graphics engine.

Ray
   - try to get some battery stuff in the pre-B board so we can
      work on the driver. (batteries & cables on their way to Cambridge
      and Dave Woodhouse.)

Richard
   - follow up on trac 113.  jg has memory that full reset is possible.

Andres
   - Zephaniah needs touchpad calibration values from Andres.

Here's tonight's bug triage list.  If you own bugs in the list, it would
be excellent if you could update them before tonight's call, so that we
don't have to spend time on them during the call.

Bug Triage List:

Camera driver must match correct PCI device information
   http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/156
   (jg)

marvell driver triggers key repeats when scanning
   http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/147
   (marcelo)

Audio driver for AD1888 - sensor input mode
   http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/42
   (marcelo)

256 Meg RAM support
   http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/151
   (wmb)

olpcflash verify fails with "SST" flash part
   http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/143
   (rsmith)

PCI Pin A needs to be routed to a real interrupt
   http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/155
   (rsmith)

e820 map incorrectly excludes most of range 0xa0000-100000
   http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/97
   (rsmith)

a-f segments cause errors in memtest, and fixed region configs are
possibly not set right.
   http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/98
   (rsmith)

--