Teleconference information for software status meeting tonight.

Jim Gettys jg at laptop.org
Tue Oct 3 14:44:59 EDT 2006

OLPC software teleconference.   Note the action item list below. If you
can't make the meeting, please at least update the status on action
items. Let's update our bugs even if the status is "no progress this
week"

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=10&day=3&year=2006&hour=21&min=0&sec=0&p1=43

You can easily use the query page in trac to see what open issues you
have.

Please send me agenda items for discussion.

      Topics:
            Do we have another build for widespread deployment?
		If so, which one? If not, what's missing?
	    Are our performance tools now in the build?
	    Discussion / Assignment of PRS issues for closure
		http://wiki.laptop.org/go/PRS
            Priorities between now and BTest
	    Driver status and integration status.
            Action items / New Bug Triage

Old action items:
AI: Marcelo with do whatever is necessary to Fedora tomorrow
	to resolve touchpad problem - pull the new LinuxBIOS fix. (done)

AI: Chris Blizzard - ping Soren about memprof
   - pull the performance packages into the git tree.
   - 105: Installing Fedora Core page is out of date.
	Chris needs to fix it or delegate it. (done)
    - 118: GCC optimizations - Blizzard owns.  Jim points out
	 that there is a machine-specific configuration file that is
	 a good place to put collections of flags that we find to be
	 useful.  We also should put information about good
         compiler flags on the wiki.

AI: Chris Ball: reassign trac 105 to John.
          (huh, 105 is about X stuff. confusion reigns.)

AI: Jordan to review residual PRS complaints. (done)
	results in http://wiki.laptop.org/go/PRS
	- 106: Document VSA dependencies.  Jordan is fighting the
	   battle to get the documents on the restricted web site opened
	   up.  Use the Source, Luke.

AI: Andres, Check the LinuxBIOS installation instructions. (done)

AI: Jim - to push VSA bits to git. (done)
        - ask Ivan whether infrastructure setup is done (done)
        - create an OLPC "please can you fix this for us" list?
                   (done: opportunity milestone).

AI: Mitch, check with Ivan and Mark about ability to hard reset
	reliably after reflashing, add trac entry for Mark.
	- Talk with Ivan about a Zen image for a frozen release builder.
	- Board failure USB/Marvell - Mitch made no progress this seek.

AI: Marco - 99: reassign to a sugar person (Marco) comment claims it is
	blocked on #139
	- 102: Create sugar log file.

AI: J5 - #139  Add gnome-python2-gtkmozembed package

AI: marcelo - Temporary filesystems should be in RAM

AI: Richard - 113: LinuxBIOS flashing procedure needs additional step
     fixed, need to be closed.

New bugs to triage:

Clean /tmp on reboot, is this being done, or does it need tracing?

Current bugs in need of a status update, in descending priority:

Temporary filesystems should be in RAM
  http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/65

Add gnome-python2-gtkmozembed package
  http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/139
  (Blocking new sugar builds.)

SERIRQ can run in quiet mode when 3700 is deployed
  http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/136
  (Assigned to cjb?)

Buildrom fails on fc5
  http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/120

fedora olpc kernel fails to build with different config
  http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/119

LinuxBios flashing procedure seems to need additional step.
  http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/113

Trac needs better notifications
  http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/80

Create IPv6 test net at OLPC (is blocking work on #7, #18, #19, #34)
  http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/111

e820 map incorrectly excludes most of range 0xa0000-100000
  http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/97

a-f segments cause errors in memtest, and fixed region configs are
possibly not set right.
  http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/98

119, 120: FC5 doesn't build kernel or buildrom.  objcopy doesn't like
gap-fill for Richard, but it works for Ron.  Marcello will look into
it some more tomorrow.

126: 8042 timer.  Dave (Jones?) has been informed. Fix it alongside
the tickless patches?
--
Jim Gettys
One Laptop Per Child