Impressions on B1 Machine

Mitch Bradley wmb at firmworks.com
Thu Nov 30 16:36:46 EST 2006

"Creating" something from scratch is a very advanced stage in ones
education.

The first step on the road to being a creator is to make small
modifications to something that is already there.

Even highly-experienced programmers do much more modifying than
ground-up creation.

Which suggests to me that it would be better to have a compelling game
that people like to play as-is, and make it easy to make simple mods
without having to first learn a complex framework.

Ideally, it should be possible to expand from that into more and more
complex mods, until you have eventually embraced the whole system.