Booting ATest board with external monitor

Rafael Enrique Ortiz Guerrero dirakx at gmail.com
Thu Nov 16 17:07:34 EST 2006

The latest image that worked perfectly to me was the 155  (in Atest), then i
had prove the 179  and it happens that  the monitor flashes, and turns off
like it was said previously, i know it is a bug but i return to build 155 to
prove the image that i knew that worked and happens the same thing  ,,
could it be that the USB key  got affected by the bug..?.

On 11/16/06, Dan Williams <dcbw at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 2006-11-16 at 19:57 +0100, Bert Freudenberg wrote:
> > I got 182 to work with an older kernel (I used 2.6.18-20061106.3.olpc.
> > 6a94be8adce907b from #155) and a patched /etc/init.d/olpc-configure
> > script. The latter erroneously detects a DCON which I do not actually
> > have on my A-test board, and overwrites the good xorg.conf with the
> > DCON variant.
>
> The dcon detection is getting fixed today hopefully.  We'll also require
> people to upgrade to the release BIOS to get stuff working properly, but
> we'll have flash key images available that you can just plug in, boot
> up, and it will reflash your BIOS.
>
> Dan
>
> > Glad to hear that a new linuxbios would allow to use the later kernel.
> >
> > - Bert -
> >
> > On Nov 16, 2006, at 18:28 , Takashi Yamamiya wrote:
> >
> > > I have tested with build #122, #140, #157, #168, #182 images after
> > > build 91 on A-board. They worked almost fine. I had to update linux
> > > bios
> > > (olpcflash -w /var/lib/olpc/linuxbios.rom) with each image. And I copy
> > > /etc/X11/geode-xorg.conf to /etc/X11/xorg.conf on recent images.

Rafael Enrique Ortiz Guerrero
http://iskariote.org
Grupo de robotica libre DROZ
http://www.el-directorio.org/DrozConfluence