Booting ATest board with external monitor

Jim Gettys jg at laptop.org
Thu Nov 16 10:11:30 EST 2006

Yes, there are a couple bugs that affect ATest that we chose not to fix
during the period we were finishing off the BTest release, as they could
have destabilized BTest.

One of the items is that the boot code on the Marvell chip needs
updating; the later driver doesn't like the old boot code.  Right now,
you can trigger a bad situation on the USB bus, that needs a reset line
only in the BTest machines to work around (software fixes to the boot
code are also being worked on)..  And there is one other bug as well.

We're going to put a build together soon (but maybe not until the week
after next, after the Thanksgiving holiday) to bring the ATest machines
up to date; we all need a break here having worked so hard to get BTest
underway.

Also, X doesn't like starting without keyboard and mouse devices plugged
in.
                                 - Jim

On Thu, 2006-11-16 at 14:40 +0000, Richard Hughes wrote:
> With the latest builds my ATest board doesn't seem to boot properly.
>
> I've updated to linuxbios a month ago using build 91 and I've been using
> build-130-20061025_2357-ext3 successfully for a few weeks.
>
> The latest build, development-build-182-20061114_2117-ext3 gets to
> select boot device screen and if I choose the third USB key option, the
> monitor flashes, and turns off. The USB key does keep flashing for a few
> minutes, leading me to think that it's actually booting correctly, but
> my monitor can't handle the resolution. Any ideas guys?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Richard Hughes.

Jim Gettys
One Laptop Per Child