Teleconference information for software status meeting tonight.

Jim Gettys jg at laptop.org
Tue Nov 7 19:40:05 EST 2006

OLPC software teleconference.   Note the action item list below. And
please go through trac and comment/close bugs that are
done. Let's update our blocker and high priority bugs even if the status
is "no progress this week".

You can easily use the query page in trac to see what open issues you
have.

DIAL IN:
  From  the United States: 866-213-2185
  From Outside the United States:  1-609-454-9914

access code: 8069698

problems? Call customer care
800-526-2655 or 205-206-2301

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=11&day=7&year=2006&hour=21&min=0&sec=0&p1=43

Priorities:
  - Get all the hardware working
  - Get everything integrated
  - Get everything stable
  - Cull what isn't stable
  - Something to demonstrate the camera and video
  - Stabilize the X setup

Cafe working, bugs pretty much gone.
Still got weird USB stuff...

Old AI:

AI: Chris Ball to backup DCON mode-changing software
AI: Blizzard to push a new build, test and pronounce stable (not done!!)
AI: Blizzard to test csound packaging with Barry Vercoe
AI: Blizzard to find out dependencies on mplayer, use it to demo camera
    * if too many dependencies, build ourself and put in our own repo
AI: Blizzard to talk to AbiWord guys about non-GNOME AbiWord build
AI: Everyone with a DCON (Mitch, Cambridge and Jordan) to test BIOS.

Older action items (some older yet elided):

AI: Blizzard to push a new build, test and pronounce stable (not done!!)
Not done - waiting on FW

AI: Blizzard to test csound packaging with Barry Vercoe
csound & driver not interacting well.

AI: Blizzard to find out dependencies on mplayer, use it to demo camera
    * if too many dependencies, build ourself and put in our own repo
    * what we doing about video player?

*** Existing action items:

Blizzard:
 - sysprof module has been added to kernel, is untested
 - If the kernel module works, we can `yum install sysprof`
 - Haven't played with memprof
 - oprofile may come for free as a result of sysprof

Zephaniah:
   * driver not upstream, will happen last week.

--
Jim Gettys
One Laptop Per Child