USB to Ethernet Driver

Jim Gettys jg at laptop.org
Thu Nov 2 10:40:53 EST 2006

It would be good to understand the market shares of different USB
ethernet devices out there (along with cost, which we care about more
than most).  We don't want to have to put an unlimited number of drivers
in the OLPC distribution, just to clutter up flash with something seldom
used on most machines.  But if there are a few drivers that get us
coverage of most things on the market, having things plug in and "just
work" for most people is goodness.

If anyone has any insight into this information, we'd greatly appreciate
it.
                             Regards,
                               - Jim

--