[OLPC-devel] just verified: 2306 + olpc + linux kernel works.

Ronald G Minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Thu May 25 21:41:50 EDT 2006

Marcelo Tosatti wrote:

> Having a figure of how costly the 1MB flash is compared to 512KB would
> be very good to help the design of the bootloader...

it's an extra $.20
Which I am told is good to avoid.

But I also agree that 512KB is probably not going to work.

> This issue has not been thoroughly discussed yet, and it should.

We actually had a lot of discussions, and the summary was, "let's see if
we can do it". I am no longer sure we can do it.

BUT: I can't find the right parts to use for 1 MB. They're hard to find.
If we cut to 1MB, we better be able to buy the parts.

ron