[OLPC-devel] you can try this

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Thu May 25 18:37:12 EDT 2006

Ronald G Minnich wrote:

> Steve, your VSA was 70k, which busted the 64k limit. So, I have added
> support to OLPC that assumes that the VSA is NRV2B compressed. This cut
> it from 70k to 42k. You now have 20k left to consume. More desirable, in
> future, would be for us to get this down to 32k, to leave room for linux
> I am attaching the nrv2b compressed OLPC VSA. I will be committing the
> changes for handling a compressed VSA in few minutes. Be warned: you
> can't go back :-)
>
> Also, Carl-Daniel is working on a better compression mechanism, which I
> hope we will move to very soon. This will get smaller, I think.

Yes. For the VSA you just mailed:

Size  File
71926 olpc_vsa.bin
42139 olpc_vsa.bin.nrv
37517 olpc_vsa.bin.lzma

Ron, I'll mail you a patch for lzma support very soon. Just working
out the final bits to make it perfect. Can I submit a patch against
revision 2312 or do you have more in the queue?

Regards,
Carl-Daniel
--
http://www.hailfinger.org/