[OLPC-devel] 2305 success on OLPC and rumba

Ronald G Minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Mon May 15 00:40:37 EDT 2006

version 2305 builds working linuxbios for rumba and olpc. I had to fix
some bugs and hard-codes in northbridge.c:setup_gx2(). note this code
still needs some cleanup and #if 0 removed, but I wanted to commit the
working code for now.

I have filo prompts on olpc. The only issue is (of course) that I need
to get the linux kernel going; that's next.

new setup supports 1 MB flash I THINK -- I don't have a 1 MB part handy
-- I have to go find some -- but this is FYI.

So 2305 is the rev you want.

Thanks to Ollie and Tom Sylla at AMD for pointing out the probable area
where the bug lived.

ron