[OLPC-devel] status

Ronald G Minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Fri May 12 14:33:14 EDT 2006

with 2302.

If i run 2302 on rumba, all is well.
If I run 2302 on OLPC, it fails to configure PCI -- it can not figure
out the config type.

If I take out this code:
+       /* for OLPC, set default size */
+       /* dimm size - hardcoded 128Mb */
+     msr.hi &= ~(0xf << CF07_UPPER_D0_SZ_SHIFT);
+     msr.hi |=  (5 << CF07_UPPER_D0_SZ_SHIFT);

then memory size is set to zero, and PCI config works -- but later
things fail, as they should.

But why does this fail when memory size is set non-zero? Not sure yet.

For your MSR register viewing pleasure, I've attached a spreadsheet with
MSR ordered by value (first  3 columns) and name (second 3 columns).

ron