[OLPC-devel] the 512MB developer image.

Ronald G Minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Fri Jun 30 23:00:37 EDT 2006

Marcelo Tosatti wrote:

> http://olpc.download.redhat.com/olpc/streams/development/build34-20060622_1017/images/olpc-stream-development-34-20060622_1017-ext3.img.bz2
>
> And use this hand generated initrd (the ones shipped in the image are
> broken):
>
> http://hera.kernel.org/~marcelo/olpc/initrd-2.6.17-1.2293_FC6-olpc.gz

wow. What's it going to take to make this a bit more reliable? I think
this could be a problem. I'm a little clumsy with partition tables anyway.

> Reminder: losetup -o $((32 * 512)) olpc-stream-development-34-20060622_1017-ext3.img /dev/loop0

I can do that, but I don't understand this image. -24 was an image of a
disk with 3 partitions. This appears to be one partition -- and the
/boot directory seems to be a bit messed up.

I'm gonna mount it loopback and rsync it to my existing root file system

ron