[OLPC-devel] JTAG progress

Richard Smith smithbone at gmail.com
Thu Jun 29 20:20:02 EDT 2006

Using a compatible clone of the following schematic from here:

http://opencollector.org/history/freecore/Build%20your%20own%20ByteBlaster!.htm

and the jtag tools from here:

http://openwince.sourceforge.net/jtag/

I have dumped out the DeviceID string from one of my project boards
with an Altera on it.

I would have tried it on a real live ATest board but I still don't
have mine yet. :(

Jtag tools has not seen any updates since 2003 and dosen't build out
of the box.  The attached diff fixes it up.   Apply it with -p0 in the
include-0.4.2 directory from the openwince header tarball and then
./configure;make; make install.  Then you can build and install the
jtag-tools.

Next I need to get the device ID of the serial flash part we are using
so I can start adding support for that mfg and part.

Can someone point me to (or send) the datasheet for the flash part?

That or dump out the device ID string and send it to me.

Thanks.

--
Richard A. Smith