[OLPC-devel] Re: libertas git mixups

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Tue Jun 27 21:18:16 EDT 2006

On Tue, 2006-06-27 at 20:16 -0300, Marcelo Tosatti wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 27, 2006 at 02:30:52PM -0400, Dan Williams wrote:
> > Marcelo,
> >
> > It appears that in the latest commit in which you committed my patch,
> > you also reverted a bunch of stuff from my previous patch, some of your
> > previous commits, and an a few other things.  That's likely the problem
> > I'm having with panics, since that last commit appears to touch firmware
> > code and some other stuff, including reverting a lot of the timer fixes
> > you'd previously done....
>
> Argh, yeah. I had it fixed locally but forgot to push to infradead.org.
>
> Uploading, will take an hour or so. Please clone again and recheck?
>
> Sorry!

Are you sure the last commit you made of my patch
(2ce7928d84f812428337faeeb5ef813ea7f41415) was supposed to change all
the stuff it did?  For example, it reverts the change to include
<net/ieee80211_radiotap.h> in preference to the custom one; it re-adds
os_timers.h and does stuff like:

- mod_timer(&Adapter->reassoc_timer, 0);
+ Adapter->TimerIsSet = TRUE;
+ ModTimer(&Adapter->MrvDrvTimer, 0);

That seems somewhat wrong to me?  Or am I smoking something...

Dan