[OLPC-devel] Re: Teleconference information for OLPC software status meeting.

Jordan Crouse jordan.crouse at amd.com
Wed Jun 21 12:41:20 EDT 2006

On 21/06/06 10:44 -0500, Richard Smith wrote:
> The ATest board has the additional flash socket loaded so thats an option.
> Thats a FWH flash I suppose?  I don't think I have any 1M parts.  What
> mfg is everyone else using?

We have SST 49LF008A parts here.

> A jtag connector is avialable but what about the software to use it?
> There was mention of the fx2? setup that has a GDB interface.

FS2 you mean?  The GDB interface isn't very useful - it connects through
a local socket to the GUI, which means the GUI needs to be running regardless
To be honest with you, the FS2 GUI already gives you most of the
access you need (I/O, memory, etc) - I haven't used the GDB interface yet on
my setup.

> If I've got a simple JTAG card that I can make IO calls to to make
> things happen on the jtag bus can I get the info to talk to and to
> program the flash?

Definitely - we can get you anything you need.  I have played a bit with
simple JTAG in the past to see if we could get anything working that would
be useful to the public at large.  I would really like to
see a JTAG solution be available, since not everybody has access to a
FS2 solution.

Jordan