[OLPC-devel] Teleconference information for OLPC software status meeting.

Richard Smith smithbone at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 11:44:40 EDT 2006

>On 6/21/06, Ronald G Minnich <rminnich at lanl.gov> wrote:
>
> sorry I missed it. I got the time wrong.
>
> I think the status of linuxbios/linux as bootloader is "almost there",
> not sure what anyone else might have said. I just need to get marcelo's
> code that boots from usb.

I said.  I don't know. I was hoping to ask Ron.  :)

I said something about a USB irq routing issue and Jim said something
about still not being able to program the serial flash.

Since we are kinda on the subject.   I'll ask a question I had that
people on the phone call didn't know.

What's going to be the recommended recovery procedure when I brick my hardware?

The ATest board has the additional flash socket loaded so thats an option.
Thats a FWH flash I suppose?  I don't think I have any 1M parts.  What
mfg is everyone else using?

A jtag connector is avialable but what about the software to use it?
There was mention of the fx2? setup that has a GDB interface.

If I've got a simple JTAG card that I can make IO calls to to make
things happen on the jtag bus can I get the info to talk to and to
program the flash?

Or perhaps a mod to this for olpc support.
http://openwince.sourceforge.net/jtag/

--
Richard A. Smith