Fwd: [OLPC-devel] Geode GIT Tree

Jaya Kumar jayakumar.lkml at gmail.com
Sat Jun 17 08:53:30 EDT 2006

On 6/16/06, Mark J. Foster <mfoster at laptop.org> wrote:
> Hi, Chris!
>
> If the mic in jack does not work with a mic, but it does work with a
> line input, then the audio driver has probably not properly enabled the

On the OLPC board I received, no mods done, audio recording works fine
with a standard mic (the kind you that works with regular PCs,
unpowered, unamped).

> AD1888's external VRef output, which supplies power to the microphone.

I suspect the board where the observation was made that a standard mic
was not working was one which had been moded for DC coupling and/or
the AC97 VRef register had been overwritten from userspace (in debug
mode) to perform in DC coupled mode. I think this is what Simon
Schampijer's email states but I'm not sure so please confirm.

So I think the conclusion is that there is no problem to be fixed.

As mentioned before in the thread about audio status, I'll work on
adding a mixer control for switching into/out of sensor mode which
would be used together with the EC when that is ready, and the AD1888
suspend/resume issue.

Regards,
jaya