[OLPC-devel] 2316 revisions

Richard Smith smithbone at gmail.com
Fri Jun 16 18:15:14 EDT 2006

> There is no video BIOS. The current plan (and the way it is working
> right now) is that the SoftVG VSM does only what setup is needed to
> allow the FB driver to load. No VESA, no VGA, no VGA BIOS.

So how is linuxbios going to output anything to the screen?

If the payload for linuxbios is not Linux then there is some
bootloader interaction that will happen there (FILO??) but I guess its
still lights out during that period?

> > Are there schematics up anywhere for reference?
>
> MarkF is the keeper of those, you could ask him. I don't think they are
> posted anywhere for general consumption.

Ok. Thanks.  I think Ron may have Linuxbios far enough along that they
aren't really needed anyway.

--
Richard A. Smith