[OLPC-devel] 2316 revisions

Richard Smith smithbone at gmail.com
Fri Jun 16 17:40:50 EDT 2006

> For *LinuxBIOS*, I would make sure its reporting of the memory map is
> proper, instead of fixing it up with the mem= parameter. I would expect
> the LinuxBIOS map to be much simpler, since it may not have ACPI, and
> may not even need to reserve the BIOS shadow regions.

That will depend on how the video chip gets turned on and how you have
to talk to it.  I'm still coming up to speed on the OLPC hardware but
am I correct that the VSA inits the video device?  If so then it may
need the legacy shadows ranges to work correctly since I bet it acts
like a standard vbios.

Are there schematics up anywhere for reference?

--
Richard A. Smith