Fwd: [OLPC-devel] Geode GIT Tree

Jaya Kumar jayakumar.lkml at gmail.com
Fri Jun 16 11:34:25 EDT 2006

On 6/16/06, Christopher Blizzard <blizzard at redhat.com> wrote:
> Just FYI, I tried these patches against our kernel (which from the
> standpoint of sound is 2.6.16-rc5) and it didn't make a difference.
> We're still not able to record audio in.

Please let me know exactly with what and how you are testing, what
apps, what version of alsa. Are you using arecord as per the test that
works for me? In what way is the failure occuring? Any observations
would be very useful. I've pasted my previous note about this in case
it was missed:

I'd highly recommend trying the mic in test procedure I posted,
appended below before doing anything else like switching kernels. If
that test procedure does not work for you, then you know it's a
difference in our test environments. If it does work, then you know
it's a new issue exposed by your application. In which case, please
let me know the info I asked about below.

jaya