[OLPC-devel] Re: Audio suspend/resume status

Jordan Crouse jordan.crouse at amd.com
Tue Jun 13 12:48:07 EDT 2006

On 13/06/06 11:35 -0400, Jim Gettys wrote:
> > Here are my notes about Howard Ho (Insyde)'s (AD1888) patch which was
> > in the code drop labeled 1888:
> > - the patch is for the geode driver as opposed to current work which
> > is on the cs5535audio driver

This is unfortunate.  I diffed the changes between the drivers and what
I had sitting in RCS, and found that almost all of the difference are bounded
by #ifdef CONFIG_AD1888_PM - so that will make life easier.

For reference, the original AMD driver (which I'm going to call the "old"
driver) is available here:

http://www.amd.com/files/connectivitysolutions/geode/geode_lx/Audio_LinuxALSA_5536_1.00.0500.tar.gz

The differences seem to be minor, so they should be easy to integrate into
the cs5535audio driver.  Jaya, I'll give you first crack at doing the work,
but if you are busy, I can do it.

To avoid any further confusion, the recommended audio driver for OLPC and
other applications *is* Jaya's cs5535audio driver that is currently in the
kernel.  In fact, I am happy to say that *all* the latest and greatest
Geode GX drivers and patches are either in Linus's GIT tree, or in my GIT
tree patiently waiting to go upstream, so you should always check those
places first.

Jordan

--
Jordan Crouse