[OLPC-devel] 2316 revisions

Mark J. Foster mfoster at laptop.org
Sat Jun 10 19:58:47 EDT 2006

Hi, Ron!
> My monitor is lighting up!
Congratulations!  Thanks again for all the hard work!
> mkelfImage --command-line="console=ttyS0,115200 root=/dev/ram0 \
> init=/sbin/init mem=128m"  linux-2.6.14-olpc/arch/i386/boot/bzImage \
> bootidea
> cp bootidea /tmp/olpcpayload.elf
>
> I don't know if I need the mem=128m any more, but there is a lot to
> do, so I'm not worrying about it.
The combination of both of these are important.  At least when I was
debugging with the Red Hat folks, using the 'mem=128' switch blew things
up, since that conflicts with the frame buffer RAM. I'd try something
like 'mem=112' or some such when trying to bring up graphics.  AFAIK,
the last time I checked VSA, it was reserving ~12KB for frame buffer,
but I have no idea if that's still current.

Cheers!
MarkF