[OLPC-devel] Software action items and status

Jim Gettys jg at laptop.org
Thu Jun 8 23:28:54 EDT 2006

Here are action items from the hardware status call: attending on the
call, at least parts of the time, were Dave, Chris, Jim, Ray, Rebecca
Allen, Nicholas Negroponte, Mark Foster, Roger Huang.  These notes may
be cryptic to those not on the call.  Only software related issues are
noted here.

Other status: 485 ATest boards are in Brightstar in Miami. Next
destination: everywhere :-).

Jaya Kumar reports having run current accelerated Xorg driver on the
hardware successfully, including Xv video support (see attached), along
with many codecs and audio.  Doesn't appear from the mail he's tried tp
play a DVD.

Please report on the devel at laptop.org list...

1) Flash interface alternatives for slow flash reading. (dwmw2/jg)
   Dave and Jim to get together a list of possible alternatives here,
   so Mark can cost out and see what might be done to improve this.
2) Get Fedora and OLPC Fedora installation documentation into the Wiki
(blizzard/davidz)
   Installation directions *really* need to get into the wiki now.
http://wiki.laptop.org/index.php/Notes_on_using_the_OLPC_developer_boards
As boards arrive in lots of people's hands over the next couple weeks,
this has become urgent.
3) Make sure Ray can follow directions in 2); our tester ;-). (ray)
   Ray will be our tester for these directions.
4) Find out how to program serial flash part. (ray/ron)
   Ray to get Ron Minnich the information he needs to write code for
   installing LinuxBIOS into the serial rom using a Linux
   program (to remove DOS reflash utility dependency)
5) Get LinuxBIOS graphics status VESA vs. fbdev. (Ron/Jordan)
   Where we are on conversion from VESA to fbdev in Linux/LinuxBIOS?
6) Get status report on flash installation path (Marcello).
7) Get batch of ATest boards shipped to Cambridge, and elsewhere
(jg/walter)

                                   Regards,
                                      - Jim

--