[OLPC-devel] OLPC development project organization. Status calls? Other techniques?

Joshua N Pritikin jpritikin at pobox.com
Mon Jun 5 14:48:16 EDT 2006

On Mon, Jun 05, 2006 at 05:35:42PM +0200, Ivan Krstic wrote:
> The general thinking is that Mercurial is portable while git isn't, and
> git's learning curve and default porcelain are sucky, while Mercurial is
> very friendly.

Perhaps that _was_ the case but ...

> OpenSolaris and, more surprisingly, Xen chose Mercurial over git.

I don't know about Xen, but the OpenSolaris decision sparked an
interesting discussion on the GIT mailing list.  Here are some of the
more interesting messages:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=git&m=114667026922089&w=2
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=git&m=114668993906826&w=2
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=git&m=114679063214972&w=2