[OLPC-devel] OLPC development project organization. Status calls? Other techniques?

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Fri Jun 2 08:13:49 EDT 2006

On Thu, 2006-06-01 at 11:08 +0200, Gabor Dolla wrote:
> I friend of mine and I can configure Asterisk if we can log in from
> remote but somebody must bring up the machine and connect it to POTS
> (and to internet of course)

Does it really need POTS? Does anybody _not_ have a copy of something
like ekiga? There are even free SIP clients for Windows available.

Even if we really want to allow incoming POTS, it's not hard to get that
-- at least in the UK there are many providers who offer that for free
in the hope that you'll then start using it for _outgoing_ calls. I
think they also get paid a small amount for terminating the POTS calls
too.

No chance of me hosting the call on my own Asterisk box though -- my DSL
sucks too much :)

--
dwmw2