[OLPC-devel] just verified: 2306 + olpc + linux kernel works.

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Thu Jun 1 19:09:06 EDT 2006

On Thu, 2006-06-01 at 19:13 -0300, Marcelo Tosatti wrote:
> - -fwhole-program (any news David?)

Seems to work OK for modules and for 'leaf nodes' built in to the
kernel, and we get a reasonable amount of code reduction.

The problem is that you need to hack up a C file which #includes all the
other C files -- which in turn means that you need proper
multiple-include guards on stuff like fs/ext3/acl.h etc. All that means
that it isn't really suitable for going upstream.

What I need to do is work out why it isn't working with '--combine' and
just specifying multiple C files on the compiler command line. If we had
that working, then we _could_ sensibly think about just making it part
of the build system.

--
dwmw2