[OLPC-devel] just verified: 2306 + olpc + linux kernel works.

Marcelo Tosatti marcelo at kvack.org
Thu Jun 1 10:15:39 EDT 2006

On Thu, Jun 01, 2006 at 03:02:17AM +0200, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:
> Marcelo Tosatti wrote:
> > Now that 1MB SPI flash is being used, all of this can be obsoleted by a
> > simple shell script which invokes "mount" and "kexec", hopefully.
>
> Sure? I thought we still try to fit everything in 512kB.

"Attachment is the EC code used in A-test board, the current size is
18K. But Quanta is still working on battery management code now. The
size will grow +rapidly, please reserve 64K for final EC.

The SPI ROM is 1MB in A-test board, please combine the EC code in the
lowest (ie. beginning) address of flash.

The EC takes care 1) Event detect 2) Power on/off 3) battery management
4) Keyboard/mouse etc.

The EC code control the power on sequence, it run before the BIOS

The EC code can not be compressed.

Ray Tseng 5/30/06"

So, thats 1MB SPI flash in A-test board. Ray, please confirm.