[OLPC-devel] OLPC development project organization. Status calls? Other techniques?

Ivan Krstic krstic at fas.harvard.edu
Thu Jun 1 00:27:15 EDT 2006

Jim Gettys wrote:
> Ivan Krstic highly prefers mercurial for most uses, and is able to [...]
> 5) Ivan is recommending we not use gforge having talked to some people

Having not heard violent protests, I will soon (don't have my
workstation fully unpacked yet):

* punt gforge from crank,
* upgrade the OS on crank,
* ideally make available a script that sets up a mercurial-enabled trac
 instance easily for interested projects,
* set up a system where projects get a 'branches' directory in their
homedirs that becomes visible as http://code.laptop.org/projects/<x>
* look into having a global branch browser for all projects at
http://code.l.o
* set up a 'core' account for publishing official laptop code, branches
to be visible at http://code.laptop.org/core/<x>
* set up an OLPC-wide trac instance so we can keep track of bugs and
such across the project

Yell if you have worthwhile additions to this list. Jim and I will look
around for a good automated account management solution, but we can live
without one in the very short run.

--
Ivan Krstic <krstic at fas.harvard.edu> | GPG: 0x147C722D