[OLPC-devel] Re: NAND flash controller speed.

Mark J. Foster mfoster at laptop.org
Thu Jun 1 00:07:26 EDT 2006

Hi, David [& AMD]!

Unfortunately, there's no way that the DCON can help with the slow I/O
that we're seeing from the CS5536 to the Flash chip, since it only
connects to the GX2's video outputs, has a slow 100 KHz SM-BUS
connection for register I/O, and connects to a handful of direct I/O
pins.  It's also the critical path to shipment at the moment, so we
really can't afford to completely re-architect it.  Sorry about that!

AMD folks, got any tricks up your sleeves?

Best Regards,
MarkF