[OLPC-devel] Re: good news

Jordan Crouse jordan.crouse at amd.com
Mon Jul 31 18:11:38 EDT 2006

On 31/07/06 23:14 +0200, Carl-Daniel U. Hailfinger wrote:
> Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:
> > Jordan Crouse wrote:

> > > [lots of tips snipped]
> >
> > Thank you very much!
> >
> > Next try attached. It should work, but it still needs wiring up in the
> > main makefile.
>
> Wired up in the main makefile, should compile cleanly. Please note that this only adds the necessary infrastructure and does not yet change anything in the generated ROM.

Looks good, at least to start.  We're going to need to hack up the main
Makefile a bit to allow both gz and lzma compression, but that won't be a
big deal.

I still don't want to add it to the GIT tree until it does something
interesting with LB and/or the kernel, mainly because I don't want to bite
people as they are just starting to use buildrom to do something interesting.

So if its cool with everybody,  I'll put this patch into my local patch set,
and await the LinuxBIOS patch with great anticipation.

Jordan

--
Jordan Crouse
Senior Linux Engineer