[OLPC-devel] Re: good news

supat at supat.eu.org supat at supat.eu.org
Sun Jul 30 20:25:05 EDT 2006

On Sat, 29 Jul 2006, Ronald G Minnich wrote:

> supat at supat.eu.org wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Now, I got the build rom and sucessfully have rom AND ready to sacrifice
>> old pc that unable to boot via USB but:
>

> old pc? Are you trying to run this OLPC bios on a non-OLPC?
>
> ron

Not an exact OLPC rom BIOS but config linux BIOS to fit old pc in the same
way we build OLPC BIOS.

My idea is OLPC has low RAM and low CPU in the same way old pc has.
So, why not applied embeded system used with OLPC to old pc?

In that way we not only decentralized to OLPC but to old pc of the poor
too.

regards,
supat