[OLPC-devel] Emulating the laptop display with Xephyr

Mark J. Foster mfoster at laptop.org
Sat Jul 29 09:05:07 EDT 2006

Hi, Arnd!

The text anti-aliasing algorithm is based on the full-resolution
(1200x900) input image, with each input pixel having 19 bits of color
information (R:6 G:7 B:6) - the algorithm computes the data for the
current output pixel based on its input color information, along with
that of its adjacent four neighbors (Up, Down, Left, Right).  Color
swizzling is the last step in the process, where the appropriate six-bit
result is written to the frame buffer and/or the LCD (the panel driver
itself uses a six bit interface).

Cheers!
MarkF