[OLPC-devel] I tested the new graphical interface in buildrom

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Sat Jul 29 01:46:10 EDT 2006

On Wed, 2006-07-26 at 22:30 -0600, Ronald G Minnich wrote:
> I think we have to have a scrolling message area.There are fprintf
> things in the bootmenu code -- but where will they show up? is it too
> hard to put something like that in?

Seriously, why?  What's wrong with the OS X style approach where you've
got a spinning "progress wheel"?  If you _really_ want to, you can hold
down Cmd+Option+V and get a "verbose" mode that shows all the kernel
messages.  But by default, you get the pretty pictures.  I don't see why
we need kernel messages _and_ pretty pictures at the same time, at least
in the final image.  Maybe for development though.

Dan