[OLPC-devel] Emulating the laptop display with Xephyr

Arnd Bergmann arnd at arndb.de
Sat Jul 29 00:11:45 EDT 2006

On Friday 28 July 2006 19:22, Manu Cornet wrote:
> There are a few screenshots on the project's wiki page :
>
> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/GTK_for_OLPC
>
> In particular, check you the difference between antialiased and not
> antialiased swizzling :

Hmm, I wonder how much difference there is between viewing
this on a TFT and something that does not have its own
structure interfering with it, e.g. a CRT.

When zooming in, I found the diagonal line pattern somewhat
irritating, but I guess there is not much that can be done
about that.

Is the text antialiasing algorithm sub-pixel based, or does it
assume non-swizzled pixels?

	Arnd <><