Progress report on RAM and CPU of OLPC (Re: [OLPC-devel] do we need s/o to make .swf plug-in for olpc browser?)

supat at supat.eu.org supat at supat.eu.org
Sat Jul 29 10:59:08 EDT 2006

On Fri, 28 Jul 2006, John R. wrote:

> On 7/27/06, Ivan Krstic <krstic at solarsail.hcs.harvard.edu> wrote:
>> supat at supat.eu.org wrote:
>> > So far, to make .swf to work on OLPC need below to run on server:
>>
>> I wouldn't spend time on this at the moment; we're not sure if we're
>> going to support Flash on the laptops yet.
>>

> How do you get around supporting flash without making a lot of the web
> inaccessible?
>
> -- John.

Hi John,

I will make NXserver to support a lot off OLPC.

I see that cosmopod and nomachine did so. And they don't have to build
millioin servers to support million OLPC.

I just finish testing my concept work smoother on NXserver w/o network
crash.

Only problem I found trace back 10 years ago when I use speakfreely. It
has echo effect when some frame move using esd :(

The key stone to make .swf sound to work are:

1. run on the same environment shell (click on icon did not work)
2. server need to run esd on GUI too (made me confused)
3. export ESPEAKER="ip_on_olpc:port" So, it need true IP for OLPC
(NXserver do not need it but esd in my way need it)

regards,
supat