[OLPC-devel] Weekly work summary [8/12]

mharriso at student.umass.edu mharriso at student.umass.edu
Mon Jul 24 01:13:22 EDT 2006

 eBook External Data Sources
 http://dev.laptop.org/git.do?p=projects/soc-eds
 git://dev.laptop.org/projects/soc-eds

My focus has shifted slightly, and I'll be working with Project Gutenberg to
hopefully make their life (and this OLPC's life) easier with their catalog
system.  I've been learning Django (a really nice Python web application
framework, http://www.djangoproject.com/) in order to work on a web application
for keeping their catalog updated.

I've added "catalog.py" to my git repository, which is a little script to check
PG's daily RSS feed for updates and add it to one main RSS file.  It should be
working, but it's set up as a cron job on my laptop to test it over a couple of
new feeds.

Next week:
Work with PG to create the web interface to add/modify/search for entries in the
PG catalog.