[OLPC-devel] Production issue (one datapoint)

Drew Van Zandt drew.vanzandt at gmail.com
Tue Jul 18 14:16:59 EDT 2006

CN21 on my board is incorrectly placed - the pins that are supposed to
come up then turn at a right angle so they're parallel to the board
are actually leaning a bit, such that the ends of the pins aren't
centered on the connector shroud.  Instead, they are nearly touching
the bottom.  This is the style of connector often used for e.g.
cordless phone battery packs, and if I needed to plug anything into
this one it would be impossible without either bending the pins quite
far upward or resoldering them correctly.  (The pins should go through
the PCB perpendicularly; instead they're at a 15 degree angle or so
from perpendicular at the board top.)

At first I thought they'd gotten bent somehow, but the pin profile is
fine, just "slouching".

--DTVZ