[OLPC-devel] olpc flash program.

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Sat Jul 15 13:26:16 EDT 2006

On Fri, 2006-07-14 at 22:15 -0700, John R. wrote:
> Also does anyone know where I can an antenna to make use of the
> wireless? What kind do I need/who sells it?

I thought antennas were getting shipped out with the boards... In any
case, you just need some normal U.FL antennas:

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Notes_on_using_the_OLPC_developer_boards
(under Hardware Notes)

"Boards now being shipped should arrive with antennae. If for some
reason you need to find antennae for the connectors on the board (note
there are two antennae connectors). There are several suppliers of
antennae available though the gain is wrong. You can buy antennae with
the right U.FL connectors through Netgate or Connex Wireless. Note that
you should not attempt to use the wireless unless you have installed
antennae due to some chance of overloading the transmitter, which may
damage the it.

Correct antennae have now been manufactured and boards should now arrive
with antennae: those who have boards shipped from Brightstar without
antennae the week of 6/11 should expect an envelope with antennae.
"

The "Netgate" or "Connex Wireless" text are actually links that should
take you to product pages.

Dan