[OLPC-devel] Skolelinux/LinEx and DebianEdu will apply for developer boards

Richard Smith smithbone at gmail.com
Fri Jul 14 15:28:39 EDT 2006

> there a first-boot tutorial anywhere that someone can point me at?  Of
> course I've read over this Wiki page:
> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Notes_on_using_the_OLPC_developer_boards
> but are there any other resources I'm overlooking?

This page has a lot of good info.

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Installing_Fedora_Core#Setting_up_a_bootable_image

You will need a usb keyboard.  IIRC default bios settings try to boot
off of the floppy and I had to change them to get it to look at the
usb disk,

Then if you hook up a grub or lilo enabled usb disk it should "just
work."  Bus powered USB devices may need a powered hub to work.

If you want to use the nand flash then you have to enable that as well
but thats all on the wiki.

--
Richard A. Smith