[OLPC-devel] Rainy-day task: Add kexec to busybox

John R. jhoger at gmail.com
Fri Jul 14 10:57:35 EDT 2006

On 7/5/06, Jordan Crouse <jordan.crouse at amd.com> wrote:
> Greetings -
>
> As you may know, we use kexec (http://www.xmission.com/~ebiederm/files/kexec/)
> as part of our scheme for booting the OLPC board with the LinuxBIOS ROM.
> It has been suggested recently that we might gain some precious bytes by
> adding kexec to busybox (http://busybox.net) rather then using it in its
> original form from kexec-tools.

Should I use buildroot or just stand-alone busybox? Buildroot builds
the cross development toolchain, busybox, configures for uclibc and
creates some of the image. But, buildroot needs new packages for
kernel headers, and maybe some other stuff.

If stand-alone, how do I configure busybox to use uclibc
cross-development toolchain? I use Debian development environment so
these tools are provided, but I'm not sure how to plug them in to the
build.

Also, would the kernel be built with uclibc as well?

-- John.