[OLPC-devel] flash question.

Ronald G Minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Wed Jul 12 22:47:29 EDT 2006

If I put a socketed part in, it works. If I don't put a socketed part
in, the serial flash works.

If I boot using the socketed part, then remove that part, will the
serial flash then work? What mechanism is picking which flash to use?
How to I force it to go to one or the other?

Is the serial flash the spansion part of some other part? I can't find
the part on the board -- I need to bring a magnifying glass home! -- so
I'm not sure what part it is.

I have modified flashrom to work with the spansion part, but something
is not working.

ron