[OLPC-devel] flash programming on OLPC board works for

Ronald G Minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Tue Jul 11 23:33:33 EDT 2006

btw folks. I successfully flashed the socketed FLASH part on the OLPC
board.

Not the soldered-on part, but the socketed part. I flashed it and it
booted just now. This is good news. This worked on a board booted from
linuxbios, using a kernel kexec'ed from the kernel in flash!

I think I'm not going to worry about the kexec issue just now. The
workaround it to make sure mtd is a module. I'm good with that.

I,m moving on to working on flashing the soldered-on part.

thanks

ron