[OLPC-devel] Which USB keyboard?

Richard Smith smithbone at gmail.com
Mon Jul 10 01:46:26 EDT 2006

On 7/9/06, James Cameron <quozl at us.netrek.org> wrote:

> It is said that only certain USB keyboards work with the A-Test Insyde
> BIOS.  Can anyone list any that do or do not work?  I'm happy to
> collate.  Need to get one myself.

Man I'm glad you asked that.

I'm using an MI Micro Internet Elite Keyboard
ID 0b38:0003

Works fine with Insyde.  But when I plug it up to OLPC booted under
LinuxBIOS I get a stream of:

drivers/usb/input/hid-core.c: input irq status -32 received

to the console.

I kept thinking it was a issue with LinuxBIOS and irqs but everything looks ok.

So when I pluged up the keyboard to my laptop to dump out the ID for
you I got the same messages.  This keyboard doesn't seem to work with
any of the current kernels.

I tried 2.6.17.1, 2.6.16.16, and 2.6.15-rc5, 2.6.14.6, and 2.6.11 and
they all stream that message to the console.  I don't have any earlier
versions available.

So I would list this keyboard as a don't buy.

Hopefully, I can go figure out the problem now that I know its not a
LinuxBIOS issue.

Thanks.

--
Richard A. Smith