[OLPC-devel] Re: patch: make mkelfimage create read write output

Richard Smith smithbone at gmail.com
Sun Jul 9 18:11:58 EDT 2006

> > Some of the linuxbios build scripts assume they can overwite the
> > payload file with a new copy but since mkelfimage generates readonly
> > files they error with a permission denied.
>
> Can we please fix the build scripts instead to unlink the image,
> before they overwrite it?

Sure.  Its a 'cp' that fails.  So changing that to 'cp -f' would fix
it.  I'll add that.

> The sillies thing I can think of is a writable executable file.

ls -l /sbin shows every file in there as 755 or greater so it doesn't
seem that silly to me or to the debian developers.

Changing it in mkelfimage seemed like the best option so that you
don't have to remember to use cp -f everytime you want copy a new
payload at the command line.  Just makes it consistent with the output
of all the other tools.

--
Richard A. Smith