[OLPC-devel] powering on the eval board

Jim Gettys jg at laptop.org
Sun Jul 9 14:42:54 EDT 2006

Actually, I think he means a real powerup button, rather than reset,
like you'd find on many laptops or PS/2 keyboards.

At least Mathew Garrett(mjg59) has succeeded at a suspend/resume cycle
(suspend is easy, resume harder...); I think he used a keyboard to
trigger the resume, IIRC.
                             - Jim

On Sun, 2006-07-09 at 10:03 -0700, Mark J. Foster wrote:
> Hi, Ron!
>
> If you're referring to a new A-Test PCB, there is now a reset switch on
> the component side of the PCB, near the CPU.  It's considerably more
> convenient and more reliable than the old button hack that was used on
> the pre-A-Test PCBs.
>
> Cheers!
> MarkF
>
> Ronald G Minnich wrote:
> > Believe it or not, I don't know how to power this board on. Do you
> > have to hook up a ps/2? I'm still back on my rev_a boards with the
> > magic wired-up power switch. Should I wire up this, or ...
> >
> > thanks, sorry for the silly question.
> >
> > ron
Jim Gettys
One Laptop Per Child