[OLPC-devel] Weekly work summary [6/12]

Nitin Gupta nitingupta.mail at gmail.com
Sun Jul 9 03:16:51 EDT 2006

Hi,

Its Sunday again...time for...Weekly work summary [6/12] :)

yeah, half of time gone (and half still left!)

* Finished implemetation of compression structure as on Wiki
(linux-mm.org/CompressedCaching) and posted it on CompressedCaching/Code.
Started it in last week but this got delayed by 4-5 days.
This module in not a large one but many issues came up, some realted to design
also. The implemetation has resolved them and I'm happy to see it working :)

In general:
-- The storage begins as a single page. As you add pages to it, it expands till
it reaches its max limit. As you take out pages, it shrinks, freeing up pages
when it has no chunks left.
-- Adjacent free chunks are merged together.
-- Each page can be compressed using different algo.

(See README with this module)

* Messed up the Git tree: I will recreate it today :)

-- Nitin Gupta