[OLPC-devel] Re: OLPC running on-line to ask for sound card advise

supat at supat.eu.org supat at supat.eu.org
Fri Jul 7 14:08:58 EDT 2006

On Thu, 6 Jul 2006, Jaya Kumar wrote:

> On 7/7/06, supat at supat.eu.org <supat at supat.eu.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Jordan,
>>
>> Earlier Jaya Kumar give me a patch to solve dmesg error on sound card.
>
> Supat,
>
> I think there's some miscommunication. I didn't give you a patch.
> There was a set of ALSA patches (links to which I pasted) intended for
> folks comfortable doing cherrypicking.
>
> It does not sound like the kernel you are using is the rawhide kernel,
> as Jordan recommended. Please consider switching to that.
>
> Thanks,
> jaya

Hi jaya,

Ok :)

I did already using rawhide kernel on your request since last night.
I did see s/o logging in.

I did not interest to make sound to work on my own by now.
I will do my job only to make your OLPC to work correctly in Thai.
For me, to make usb8388 to work is sufficient for me to start working.

regards,
supat