OLPC Laptop - an open source substandard ?

Jim Gettys jg at laptop.org
Sat Dec 30 23:20:54 EST 2006

On Sun, 2006-12-31 at 14:13 +1100, Alex Gibson wrote:

> Michail, what are the deadlines ?

Our current deadlines are irrelevant to the discussion.  We are not
going to divert the current development to a different embedded system
code base until and unless the alternative is equally functional.  In
this sense, there is no deadline.  The networking is fundamental to the
project.

Different firmware can be deployed at essentially arbitrary future
dates; obviously those will fold into future release schedules, but this
is far enough out that the discussion of deadlines is academic.
                                 Best Regards,
                                        - Jim

--
Jim Gettys