Symbad: Symbols for Binary Application Database

Ivan Krstić krstic at solarsail.hcs.harvard.edu
Thu Dec 28 18:08:03 EST 2006

Mauricio A. Araya López wrote:
> Our experience using this program is very impressive, because we
> found lots of libraries that were installed, and they are not used
> by any binary or library. Also we detect some of binaries that do
> not use any symbol of a library that is linked to (for more information
> look the wiki-page).

This sounds interesting. If you'd like to help us out, please download
one of our OS images (use the -tree variety, e.g. [0]) and run your
program over it, reporting any interesting results here. Thanks!

[0]
http://olpc.download.redhat.com/olpc/streams/development/LATEST/devel_ext3/olpc-redhat-stream-development-devel_ext3-tree.bz2

--
Ivan Krstić <krstic at solarsail.hcs.harvard.edu> | GPG: 0x147C722D