OLPC Laptop - an open source substandard ?

Ivan Krstić krstic at solarsail.hcs.harvard.edu
Sat Dec 23 05:56:26 EST 2006

[Again -- do NOT keep Nicholas and Michalis in CC for no good reason.
They have better things to do!]

thomasasta at gmx.net wrote:
> This includes as well citicism to the basic lines

You are not criticizing 'along basic lines'; you want us to reinvent the
entire laptop based on utterly misguided notions of what constitutes
standard vs. sub-standard software, and the hardware required to run the
former. As long as you think the purpose of OLPC is to deliver standard
word processing and spreadsheets to children, it's going to be hard to
have a productive discussion with you. Your e-mail contains repeated
nonsense like this:

> Be aware: *If* there is a second generation childrens machine, then
> the first generation is fully for the trashcan!

I've given you the courtesy of several replies, but I won't discuss this
with you further. You have lost posting privileges on devel@; please
note the Followup-To: header, and direct future e-mails to the open list
where they won't get in the way of the developers as we try to get our
work done.

Thanks,

--
Ivan Krstić <krstic at solarsail.hcs.harvard.edu> | GPG: 0x147C722D